The Holocaust & Human Rights Education Center (HHREC) has announced their 2022 Educators Study Tour of Germany and Poland. This HHREC educational mission offers teachers a unique opportunity to visit the sites of the Holocaust in Germany and Poland and speak with experts in the field. The guided tour and trip will run from July 2nd to 17th and will be offered to educators from the Lower Hudson Valley of New York and from other parts of the U.S.
” We are very excited to resume offering our Educators Study Tour in 2022” said Steven Goldberg, Co-Director of Education at HHREC. “And while we have enjoyed offering this unique biennial program to teachers here in Lower Hudson since 2012, is it gratifying to hear from many others around the country who are planning to join us. The is designed to expand teacher comprehension of this monumental event in human history and inspire and motivate them as they prepare to teach the lessons of the Holocaust and promote protection of Human Rights to their students. He added “It is very important to us and our mission to pass on the lessons we have learned for the future.”
Trip highlights for the 2022 HHREC Summer Tour include:
- Sightseeing Coach Tour of Berlin, including Berlin Wall Memorial, Brandenburg Gate, Bebelplatz
- Holocaust Memorials in Berlin (Murdered Jews of Europe, Memorial in the Bavarian Quarter, Memorial Track 17 – Berlin Grunewald, Homosexuals, Sinti and Roma, “T4” Memorial, Stolpersteine)
- Educational programs at the House of the Wannsee Conference, Murdered Jews of Europe Memorial Museum, Jewish Museum (Berlin), Stasi Museum Marienfelder Refugee Center, Documentation Center Nazi Party Parade Grounds in Nürnberg, Nürnberg Courthouse, Polin (Museum of the History of Polish Jews)
- Tour and educational program at Sachsenhausen and Auschwitz-Birkenau
- Tour of Kasimierz historic Jewish section of Krakow
- Panel discussion on Jewish life and antisemitism in Germany today and visit to a synagogue in Berlin
- Panel discussion on Migrant Settlement in Germany: Education, Housing, Employment, Legal Issues
- Program on tolerance education and civil society in Germany: 7xjung – training ground for solidarity and respect
The Summer Tour Trip Cost Includes Intercontinental roundtrip flights New York (JFK) – Berlin (BER), public transportation including local coach or taxi, local and long-distance trains, Intra-European trains and flights, and accommodations include breakfast in 3- and 4-star hotels (14 nights) in Berlin, Nürnberg, Warsaw, Krakow, lunches and dinners, an English- speaking guide, lectures, discussions, and local guided tours in English or with English translation, and museum entrance fees. Lower Hudson Valley New York educators will receive a $2100 honorarium, and all participants will receive 90 CTLE hours at the conclusion of the program.
For more information, and to register, visit hhrecny.org/educators-study-tours or contact Steven Goldberg at email@example.com